APSI (Advocacy & Protective Services, Inc.) is a statewide, private, non-profit agency dedicated to protecting the rights of Ohioans with developmental disabilities. We advocate for the people we serve by helping to make their desires and needs known, especially when they cannot speak for themselves or if they have no other advocate. We do this by providing a full array of guardianship and protective services to individuals age 18 or older.
Northeast Region- Highland Hills Office (Cleveland Area)
Southwest Region- Dayton Office
Communications and Community Relations Manager (Columbus)
Please click on the link below to see the job description and apply.
Communication and Community Relations Manager
- Communication and Community Relations:
- Create and manage content for newsletters, website and social media;
- Assist with special events and presentations to community groups;
- Coordinate grant applications and reports;
- Cultivate funding opportunities and donor relationships;
- Monitor legislative and regulatory proposals;
- Coordinate agency action on policy issues;
- Assist in maintaining internal training system in coordination with Program and HR teams;
- Identify and assist in creating training resources;
- Assist Executive Director to identify aggregate trends and patterns and follow up action plans;
- Demonstrate proactive problem solving skills;
- Maintain confidentiality of all information, including program representative related as well as service;
- Actively participate in building strong partnerships with stakeholders, including DD county boards, Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities, providers & organizations, businesses, other government agencies;
- Actively participate in representing APSI at external partnerships, collaborations, and coalitions;
- Ensure appropriate communication regarding pertinent needs and issues with APSI leadership, program staff, and other stakeholders as appropriate;
- Preferred three (3) years of experience in the field of marketing, communication or non-profit managment;
- Passion for programs and services provided by APSI;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in an open and diverse work place;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking experience;
- Professional in attitude and presentation;
- Proficient with various technology applications including Excel, Word and electronic management databases;
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects and initiatives at the same time;
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Protective Services Representative
- Does not provide direct services except for protective services;
- Provides daily and crisis support to persons represented by APSI through guardianship, protectorship, conservatorship, and trustee services;
- Provides advocacy, informed consent, and decision-making to achieve outcomes that support each person’s best interest balanced with health, safety, and welfare needs;
- Is responsible for supporting APSI services in a manner consistent with APSI Mission, Vision, and Values;
- May assist in developing and providing organizational tools;
- Assists in the overall achievement of APSI Strategic Plan goals and objectives.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $29,000.00 to $32,000.00 /year
Have a question about a position?
Contact Trisha Wohlever via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will get back to you quickly.